The Victorian Cancer Biobank (VCB) has achieved above and beyond on impacting cancer research this year.
In 2023, we continued to be a cornerstone in cancer research, delivering high-quality biospecimens, data, and services. Thanks to the support from the Victorian Government, consortium partners, and the nearly 40,000 Victorian participants, we achieved remarkable milestones and impactful collaborations with biotechnology or pharmaceutical clients.
The incredible achievements are:
- Recruited 39,441 participants from across Melbourne to donate tissue samples
- The samples and our services have empowered over 300 research projects and 100 clinical trials, ranging from basic science to biotechnology innovation
- Contributed to several innovations and 330 publications
- Established MOU with Singapore Translational Cancer Consortium to foster cancer research collaborations
Explore our Impacts here.
New Website Launch
We are excited to announce the launch of our newly redesigned website. Our team worked tirelessly to bring you a modern, user-friendly experience in engaging us to support your very important research. Navigate seamlessly, explore our core capabilities, services and impacts.
Here are the few key features on our new website:
- New design and easier navigation to explore your area of interest
- Live dash board of the samples in our inventory on the main page
- Redefining our core capabilities and services
- Streamlined process to access our services and how we can meet your needs
- Newly created 'Our Impact' page to showcase our contributions towards research and the cancer community
- New 'Our Partners' page to acknowledge all our contributing partners
We will continually enhance our website, improving the specimen catalogue, donor participants experience and client engagement.
We invite you to explore the new improvements on our website. Feel free to contact us if you have any question or suggestions.