Thank you for your enquiry with the Victorian Cancer Biobank.
As we have recently experienced high staff turnover, your patience would be greatly appreciated as response times may take a week or more before you hear from us. We also suggest that you get as much information ready so we can advise your enquiry more efficiently.
As we are currently experiencing a high volume of projects currently being serviced, please also expect a lead time of 6 months for any new projects.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.
Ordering your specimens is as easy as 1,2,3
Step One: Contact the VCB for a detailed query of availability
For a detailed sample search report customized to your research needs, please provide us with:
- Disease site(s) of interest;
- Number of fresh frozen and/or paraffin embedded tissue samples required;
- Sample types needed – tumour, matching normal, blood (serum, plasma, , buffy etc);
- Any additional services – RNA extraction, DNA extraction, tissue microarray construction;
- Inclusion/exclusion criteria.
Please email the VCB Projects Manager at VCBEnquiries@cancervic.org.au to determine if the VCB can provide you with your research needs.
You will be required to complete and submit the following form:
- Form A: General Application
- Form B: Application for Biospecimens or Services
- We also recommend you read the following: VCB How to Apply and Conditions of Use
Coupled with Application Form A and Application for Biospecimens or Services (Form B), you will also be required to submit the following documentation to complete the application:
- Curriculum vitae of Principle Investigator (no longer than 2 pages)
- HREC (NEAF or equivalent) approval and amendment letters
- Complete HREC (NEAF or equivalent) application document
The VCB is committed to customer service and aims to achieve Access Committee review and approval within 7-14 business days.
Upon approval, your project will commence! Any subsequent de-identified clinical data will be securely transferred to you and samples will be shipped expeditiously.