Ordering your specimens is as easy as 1,2,3
Step One: Contact the VCB for a detailed query of availability
For a detailed sample search report customized to your research needs, please provide us with:
- Disease site(s) of interest;
- Number of fresh frozen and/or paraffin embedded tissue samples required;
- Sample types needed – tumour, matching normal, blood (serum, plasma, , buffy etc);
- Any additional services – RNA extraction, DNA extraction, tissue microarray construction;
- Inclusion/exclusion criteria.
Please email the VCB Projects Manager at VCBEnquiries@cancervic.org.au to determine if the VCB can provide you with your research needs.
You will be required to complete and submit the following form:
- Form A: General Application
- Form B: Application for Biospecimens or Services
- We also recommend you read the following: VCB How to Apply and Conditions of Use
Coupled with Application Form A and Application for Biospecimens or Services (Form B), you will also be required to submit the following documentation to complete the application:
- Curriculum vitae of Principle Investigator (no longer than 2 pages)
- HREC (NEAF or equivalent) approval and amendment letters
- Complete HREC (NEAF or equivalent) application document
The VCB is committed to customer service and aims to achieve Access Committee review and approval within 7-14 business days.
Upon approval, your project will commence! Any subsequent de-identified clinical data will be securely transferred to you and samples will be shipped expeditiously.